Adding the ADO control: – Before we use the ADO data control, we must add it to our project by following these step –
- Click the project menu on the menu bar.
- Click the component option on the project menu.
- The components dialog box will appear on screen. Make sure the control tab is selected. Scroll down until we see Microsoft ADO data control 6.0 (OLEDB) in the list of component.
- Select the check box next to Microsoft ADO data control 6.0 (OLEDB). A check mark should appear in the check box.
- Click ok button.
- The components dialog box now disappear from the screen and an ADO control is added in our tool box.
When we add the ADO data control in our project, the ADO data control tool will appear in our tool box. Now we can use this tool as well as other tool available on the tool box.